At Lyng Hall School we are dedicated to meeting the individual needs of all our young people. We respect diversity and aim to provide an educational environment in which all young people can thrive. We promote inclusion so that all students can realise their potential in terms of academic and personal achievement through access to the curriculum and extracurricular activities and by providing support which is tailored to individual needs.
- to ensure that all stakeholders have a common understanding of inclusion;
- to ensure all education settings and activities, whether formal or informal, are fully accessible to all young people;
- to ensure early identification, assessment, support and review of the needs of all young people;
- to promote partnership with parents, carers and other stakeholders;
- to ensure the effective use of resources towards prevention and early intervention;
- to promote collaboration with special schools and other education providers to enable the sharing of expertise and flexible responses to meet the needs of all young people;
- to monitor appropriate indicators to measure the success of the inclusion policy;
- to review the effectiveness and development of the inclusion policy.